Thursday, March 01, 2007

Needle

Dear yours truly,

I realize finding you would be like finding that needle amongst the tons and tons of not-meant-to-be haystacks but I maintain the belief that a day would come when I’d assemble enough courage to dig my hand deep and pull you out, doubtless. You know how sometimes a funny little twitch of the gut can decide for a complicated thought draining problem? Well I’d want to have my gut clutch and flutter for you. But if I somehow seem unresponsive and snooty, please don’t assume too quick because I’m sure I picked it up and at the moment trying to sort it out.

I’d imagine you to be a passionate soul with just enough room for me to play a role in your life. You’d have your little quirks and visions that I’d find heartening before they become the little reasons to pick fights when I feel insecure; whether it’d be your friendly nature with others or your dream of studying and working in another city without asking me to stay by you. And I mean emotionally. I hope you realize that I don’t usually pass as the insecure type because I’d rather keep my doubts inside and believe you. I think it’s effortless and healthy, exactly how I’d want our relationship to be.

Our dreams would be different, but we would work together towards them. Knowing quite well however that even if our dreams change along the way, we would be growing together and sequentially construct another dream, together. You are my friend, my missing part of the puzzle, my special gift bag with all the surprises I’d want to discover through the span of my life. Yes, you’re my needle.

Love,
Mia

No comments: