Saturday, June 26, 2004

Fuzzy thoughts...

It is what we feel, or rather what we worry... or think... or expect to happen that consolidates us for being different. Of course, nothing is consolidating when it comes around to being 'different.' If it is anything.. I'd put my bet on one's need of attention. I was amazed today of the level of individuality a person can maintain, whilst being around others. I must admit, this is not the first issue where this sulky idea has popped-up to my mind, but I tried to give this more of a thought today, along my journey home from the ASEAN family day picnic. I can't give a straight answer, because it is not what I incline nor what I'm capable of doing. What to say about today... nothing much besides the awful headache I suffer when I got back from it.


Just 2 more days before my departure to Dakar. Luggage ain't even ready yet.. ckck- gotta get one hell of a whoop to do it all in one swing tomorrow. Not that there's much to bring anyway.. most of my clothes are already there. I'm so going to try to enjoy myself there, I apologise if I won't be updating regularly.. might partly be because of the hectic timetable I've scheduled myself onto. No don't get me wrong, those books are not going anywhere near Senegal! The schedule is pretty much consolidation *the magic word, once again* I gotta try to figure out and put things in order for what's to come. To be doing that.. I need some serious talking with mom and dad. A chat with my other bro in indo should also be helpful.


I guess people keep on searching hein.. had a brief talk to a friend's father today.. talked a bit of his biography of how he got on his way in the ministry of foreign affairs to be a diplomat. He didn't plan it initially, ya ok that's dull. But the history of how he got there interested me, he took various majors.. from a religious end.. to language studies. I guess what really took him to where he is now is fate/destiny/chance and the four letter word: luck. This idea reminded me of one of the speech from a guest on the evening of graduation. It's the internationality that has made one of the directors of the American Univ of Paris, who he is now. Rised and distinguished completely from the stern voice coming from Harvard-Yale-Strandford university graduates at his internship program's dinner in NYC. He made it because he is a graduate of the world, and NOT a graduate of Harvard-Yale-Strandford-Cambridge.. or yeah, you name it-

No comments: