Sunday, January 29, 2006

Not who she is.

I just came back from browsing around Tiara Lestari's blog (thanks for pointing it out to me, Cen). For those of you who don't know, she's an Indonesian model that has gone international through various magazines. Limited by my ignorance and the propaganda of the media on her (to, no doubt, be selfish and business-minded), she posed for the cover of Playboy Spain which created a great controversy since Indonesia is the largest Muslim population. Through her blog, I finally came to realise that as "wrong" a profession it may be in my eyes, it is by far more conceited of me, and of anyone, to fall moral prejudice on her. Posing half-naked or naked, ironically, doesn't let us see through her. And it certainly doesn't open more of the real Tiara as when she is fully dressed behind woven threads.

Her blog humanised her. Inside the facade of her beautifully slendered figure, she is a strong person who knows, understands, and stands up to the consequences of her actions. Her modelling does not earn my applaude, yet it doesn't matter, and that's final. Her profession isn't about anything or anyone except her, and her only.

This reflects back into my life. When was the last time I did something without worrying about the consequences? My routine life of eating, college, online becomes so ordinary like bringing oxygen to my lungs. I bought a book yesterday as I was catching up old times with a friend from highschool, Veronica decides to die by Paulo Coelho by which I managed to read in one night. A blessing, that's what life is. I shouldn't worry about how fake a smile could look to other people, because what I give out is simply a reflection of their own.

Winter is getting colder and colder.

PS:
Rin, thanks for your "critic" - this post goes out to you!
Sal, thanks for your brilliant idea. I think I will do just that :)

No comments: