Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Great person to just... be.

Last night the Indonesian family here gathered together to meet and welcome a special delegate of the government in lobbying for support for Indonesia to become a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council.

In all hopes and prayers that this one Indonesian goal be obtained, I'll now focus on a lighter observation.

When I first heard dinner, 8pm, batik; I exhaled a long -oh-maan- sigh thinking that the day's work had just been extended without compensation. I sat there without a care in the world until the honored guest arrived and everybody stood up.

Classic. Stern. Self-smart.

That's what I had in mind, until I shook his hand and, believe it or not, his personality hit me. There was this incomprehensible aura that would later prove itself very righteous that this man is simply... charming. Not the charming James Bond sort with an intricate flirtatious elegance, but charming as in smart, as in captivating, as in true.

What I most admired was his ability to shine through to the audience through euphemism and fresh sarcasms, without leaving hollow any of his words. Brilliant. Not only does he know what he's talking about, but he's letting others enjoy along it.

That, my friends, simply makes you a great person to just... be.

No comments: