I have a weakness for guys who can effortlessly handle babies. Whether it'd be rocking them to sleep, feeding them, or just making them gurgle--the picture of the two together I'm totally in love with. And when the baby finally gets asleep on the guy's arm... hmm... I think I just got myself pregnant by the thought.
Perhaps it's admiration in its purest form. I'm not the baby type, although I can be pretty much liked in the 'young kids' corner. It's flattering to hear the sound of their shoes clampering cement over 25 meters away with a "mbak miaaaa.." and the "on va te faire une surprise" hush. That kind of thing makes my heart melt. All the more when they come up with their perfected image of me on paper as "La Princesse Mia," followed with flatteries that I think would only make you believe how more self-conceited I am if described. But yes I love seeing them laugh and explore the things happening around them. Makes me wonder on Einstein's brain theory that if we could just retain 50% of everything we've learnt, we would all be him. Ok, that's the modified version of the theory, but you get my point.
Babies, however, are a different story. First, there was the baby of my cousin which was comfortably known "sociable" albeit accepting new faces and arms to surround and lift her. I held her for 3 minutes, took her into an air conditioned room and came out a minute after looking for her mom because she was crying comme c'est pas possible (I swear I didn't mean any harm). Second case, he was tired, wrapped around mommy's arm when I came close and... well... you know the rest. I might have a diabolic aura, I don't know. I really don't fu#king know. Can someone advise?
Some say babies automatically do simple math calculating the ratio of one's eyes compared to eyebrows, nose, and lips. And as cruel as this might sound, babies like getting good ratios, i.e. good looking faces. Could that be it? *sigh*
Anyhows, just spending the days with many kids today I guess tapped a door on my mother instinct. I love how babies smell. Oh, their smell. And their feet. Adorable! Now I just got to get one of those picture perfect guys ;)
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment