The Louvre is mega breath-taking. I meant the structure. I'm not much of an arts fan, but I have got to love the setting. It was around 2 years ago since I last visited, but the cool very winter breeze of November reminded me that I'd have to come back, even if it means having 3 children to supervise and pregnant with the 4th one. It was nothing shorter than magical.
There were a lot of, surprise, tourists with their state-of-the-art cameras despite the new regulations rule of not taking pictures in the oh so happen to be section of the infamous Joconde. Or Mona Lisa, to be more familiar. I remember taking a picture in front of her (him?) some time back though not exactly understanding why it's so great. And I still don't. Sorry to sound bitter but compared to the other bigger and more vividly coloured paintings in which I could understand what the painters were actually trying to say, her highness was really, well, normal. But I guess that doesn't stop her from having her own wall with 4 security guards and bullet-proof glass.
Anyhow, again, I love the scenery I saw on the open pavement of the Louvre. Incredibly spacious, something of a change to the small busy roads of Paris. With the perfect blue sky, yellow sun, and company, the day became one of those days which made me realise that I am in love with this city. Beyond all denials.
Oh, and His Excellency also came along.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
mii,,gw dah kelar nihhh
ayo crita doongg
hehheehhe
jadi kapan nih loe nganterin gue jalan2 di Louvre.....
@Saal: Dimana dirimu?
@Onoo: Habis elo sih ga mau nyebrang bulan ini, hehe. Padahal Louvre udah deket loh Noo...
Post a Comment