Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Habit

Old habits are hard to change.
True.
Infact very true.

Remember your parents saying that you should stop doing so and so otherwise one day you'll end up doing it at the wrong place at the wrong time in front of the wrong people?
Well I do.
The thing is, they still say it :-)

To a certain extent, I am a moody person. I do things best fixed to my mood, I simply reject doing things if my mood dictates otherwise.
Childish? Maybe.
Another particular habit of mine is grasping my spoon banging to I will survive- table manners (hehe). I have a problem in this, and for you people that have had occasional badluck dining with me, would know/feel that.
It's a good thing that I hardly have formal dinners to attend to :P

Ok, enough of that. Yesterday I was asked to excuse a colleague of mine from being absent to class. When her name was called from the register, I automatically put my hand up and told the teacher her reason for being absent.
What's iritating is: he just looked at me (without blinking!) as though I spoke another language and focused back to the register.
What . . . ?
The fact is, he's probably confused with all the new people's names- had a hint feeling that I'm not Ruth- but thought that I was joking pretending to be her.

Looked at the assignment grades of last semesters' students.
It wasn't great.

Now all I seem to be learning is marketing issues, even in Composition & Rhetoric which is suppose to be an English class. But all is good, I'm getting the hang of it :-)
To come back to my topic, it might just be that another habit of mine is manipulating people (haha!); however, I guess I'm more the type of person in the background.


No comments: