Thursday, June 23, 2005

Jakarta -1-

I left home at around 5.30am to pick up my parents at the CDG - Roissy airport. They had just travelled more than 5 hours from the deep west of Africa, to be continued with another 12 (Paris - Kuala Lumpur) and 1.30 (Kuala Lumpur - Jakarta). Luckily I was one step ahead.

The flight was exhausting. However that didn't stop me from being thrilled that I can actually go back and reunite with my family once again. I was picked up by my first brother and an aunt & uncle at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Jakarta. I'm glad everything went well :)

As I got into the car and headed back home (yes, home), I figured not a lot has changed in the country. The same gazes of trepidated dark eyes are paired, in search of random answers to the propagating answer to life. I haven't been elsewhere yet. I plan to. Today.

I haven't really contacted any of my friends, and one unique phone call was addressed to me. Well, fortunately I have time. Time to figure out what's best.

No comments: