Friday, November 11, 2005

Insecure: not highly stable or well-adjusted

This past week I did two of my mid-semester exams. Commenting on how they went would nearly be as abstract as defining what love is. You think you know, but in truth you either don't really -or worse- really don't.

An interesting topic I managed to draw a line from most of my online conversations this week would be how women, in general, tend to feel the most insecurity in relationships.

Is this true?

Without any intent of raising the flag of feminism (some of you might know how "feminin" I really am), I do not fully agree.

As humans, knowing where you fit in and acting these roles as should be remain basic, therefore fundamental, to our very reason of being, for example, in a relationship. As most of my friends recount; insecurity is tiring, stressing, and unhealthy.

Surprisingly, not few of these people decided to leave their significant-someone, and NOT otherwise.
Surprising because, my first logic speaking; wouldn't the partner be the one fed-up with all the possessive questions like "who with", "who else", and "who're they"? Who, who, who. Never why, never how. All they're interested is who.
But to my surprise (yes, I keep repeating "surprise"), apparently however fed-up the other might be, the stress accumulates more on the one insecure, than that of their partner. Now, excuse me but I find that truly fascinating ;p

Ofcourse, this might just be a unique case where the friends I spoke to really had high levels of insecurity or really trust their partner to the extent that it's severely insecuring, iehieihi. Although... most of them do happen to be females ^ ^;

So, female = insecure?

Well, I happened to be a victim of someone's insecurity once. Although at the time he didn't have the right to be, but nevertheless I felt dictated, surveyed, and most horrifyingly judged. Indeed it was tiring... and kind of made me realise his limited trust in me. On the other hand, I also had a taste of the insecurity seat a while back *waves to my sweety*. Actually, that wasn't insecurity! Jealousy? No way! It was.. hmm.. a mere question, iehiehi.

Well, got to have a little of everything, right? ;)

No comments: