Monday, May 08, 2006

Dakar, Senegal

I arrived at Leopold Sedar Senghor Intl Airport, Dakar, Senegal on the 5th of May at 8.55pm local time. The Air France aeroplane in which I was on had an hour delay from Paris. Again, it was a huge sigh of relief to step once again in this country and see my parents.

I've just been enjoying myself the past 2 days, walking by the ocean and car-touring. I've also had the chance to come to the opening of the "English Club" of Institut Africain de Management. It was funny to see myself walk back to a building full of studying students.

All that aside, the city has developed quite a bit since 2 years ago. City lights are becoming numerous, and projects of infrastructures are being developed. Compared to most African countries (ok, I haven't been to many, but still...), I think Senegal has a rather promising future.

I haven't got hold of a camera since I came, but I plan to relax and be a full-time tourist for at least a month :) Take care, everyone.

No comments: