We, being 4 friends from college and I, went to Parc Asterix yesterday. It's an amusement park decorated with pirate ships, wooden huts and barrels, vibrating more of the Gaulois spirit wrapped in the original comic book. I was never a fan of this particular French cartoon, but its comics accompanied me parallel to my growing up. These comics have been around me for years due to my brother's attachment to it, so I am pretty familiar with the weak Romans, Panoramix's magic potion and how Obelix fell into the potion when he was small. Recently, I went and saw a movie entitled Asterix & Obelix et les Vikings. Although the period of Vikings never collided with when the duo were created to exist (when precisely, I ignore), the cartoon movie went upscreen. I still liked the live action movie that was released few years ago with Cleopatra, though.
After the park, we went back to Paris after taking an hour's worth of time (train & bus). We finally dined at a sushi house (all of us love sushi). We also took a walk at the Quartier Latin, when we finally arrived at the Hotel de Ville's (not a hotel, but the maire) bridge. 10pm. The air, sky, and Seine were velvety blue. Lights shining dimly from the distant, bringing the gospel aura of Notredame. City lights nurturing passers-by, boats swiftly traversing the calm Seine waters... There was a cold melancholic silence in the echo of the diesel engines, yet such romantic warmth in couples' eyes and touch. My last weekend in Paris for the next months, yet this scene will certainly be the one bringing me back.
Sunday, April 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment