Monday, October 24, 2005

Blogs (1)

I'm still struggling to find a suitable layout that I can proudly present to this dear blog of mine. I've looked around a couple of blogs to find some inspirations, but oddly enough I haven't been attracted to any particular template design. Simplicity will always be my aim-- as it also is in real life. Afterall, a blog is supposed to reflect its author and express him/her in the best way possible, in the way he/she thinks is best. Currently I am working on the design, and I see myself using a very plain content-based layout to help my writing skills develop over time.

Writing has never been more enjoyable now. I've learnt to develop my own style of writing specifically over the last few months, when I understood that pouring your ideas onto a page involves a certain level of detachment, in order for the readers to extract and fully assimilate the message written. As reserved a person I am, I've realised that through the art of writing, I can master the art of rhetoric. Hence was born my preference of blogging as the medium to share my thoughts, emotions, and activities over-- and published. This can be considered as another attempt of being "recognised" as opposed to writing privately in my personal diary. And for the record, I don't have a diary. I've passed the age range where I tried keeping one and suddenly refused to continue just because my writing doesn't look neat enough, and because I got bored of the smiling glittering princesses on its cover. As with blogging, fonts and templates are easily altered to make variations with only my imagination as limit.

I've really just realised and confessed this to myself today, but I really do enjoy publishing the views I have on random, mundane, and everyday things. Hey-- I've been blogging for almost 3 years now! Although at times, I admit feeling a little uneasy of sending accross too many tips on the way I view things which can more or less reveal who I am, but I also understand that the thrill of knowing that strangers are reading (despite their sentiments on the subject treated) and listening to what I have to say, underlies within. The two goes together hand-in-hand, just like everything else on earth is made to balance...

No comments: