Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Emails: Check them before you leave!

Yesterday, a strike took place (yes, bienvenue en France). And as far as it concerned me, this interfered with my way to and back from school. They wanted a raise (who doesn't), because their money's real value is decreasing despite the slow rate of inflation in the country (and they complain? ckck..). Well, at least that's one of the reasons they decided to sulk and make everyone's life less easy for a day- even for those who have cars since they all decided to crowd the city more than ever yesterday ;p

I had the idea of walking to school, since the other options (bus and taxi were either risky because I could end up at school only after Autumn, or because I always get intimidated by streets I don't recognise) were out of the question. But I was feeling lucky and decided to try my chances with the metro. I arrived at 8, and remember thinking, "not bad at all"- despite having been squashed in the over-loaded trains ^ ^;

At 8.35, the professor hadn't come! And I was tired of waiting so I had the brightest idea of calling a friend I knew who was suppose to take the course with me. And, yes you guessed it, French had been cancelled!
I came down to the secretary and asked politely if it was true. She then said yes- and promised that she has sent an email to all that are concerned and a notice was also up on the student board. Now this politeness of me came out with, "I checked my email before I left and I never got yours."

Maybe it's for the fact that she's Spanish, but she didn't look all that friendly after my reply.
I wonder why? :D huehuehe kidding.

Turned out that she sent it to my gmail.
Okaaay, my fault for not having checked that one, but I could've sworn I wrote my hotmail address for pedagogic notices, and gmail for administrative because they are always more boring ;p
Right, I guess they decided that this is more of an "administrative" issue -_-

Just for the record, I wasn't the only student that got befuddled ;p
Oh- wouldn't that have looked horrible great ^ ^;

No comments: