Thursday, April 27, 2006

It's Over

My exams are oOver! My God that first step outside of the amphitheater felt light & liberating. I could just feel the wonderful atmosphere around me, people with big smiles wishing others "happy holidays!" with their light jackets before turning around a corner only to turn the same corner in October. Five months of summer vacation. That, should be decent.

Next week I'll be flying above the Mediterranean Sea to reside somewhere on the border of the Atlantic Ocean in the African continent. I can't wait!! Yeah, I'll be able to see my parents again after last summer. Despite the fact that it's not Indonesia and that I won't get the chance to see how my cousins & friends are doing down there; despite the fact that it's not 'home' home; despite the fact that I wish I could fastforward time and see what it'll bring me... Despite all other deep affections I have towards my home country: I miss my parents. And this place is where they are. For me, that is what most counts.

Besides, I have a feeling I'll be home soon enough anyway. Scared to face that, actually.

No comments: