Monday, April 10, 2006

Missing Chronic

to miss (v. tr): 1 : to fail to hit, reach, or contact2 : to discover or feel the absence of 3 : to fail to obtain

...
hows ur girlfriend (if i can call her that?)


she's not that yet, maybe soon, but she is at home resting, while in NY her appendix burst so she's been in the hospital for a little bit of time


oh no.. sorry to hear that [...]

it's ok, she's doing good, I'm glad she followed her first mind and went to the Hospital when she did


they said if she waited any longer she'd have not made it


wow. yeah, i'm glad too

She gave me a call Friday lettin me know she's ok
that's after a month of no contact

which is cool she's doin her thing and I'm doin mine


i guess its a way of seeing it

well I can't be in contact with everyone I care about all the time, but I know I'll see or hear from them again so I don't worry at all


[...] i wish i can see it the way you do!

hehe, seriously.. dunno, lately i've been, well, missing people

Well even with you, someone I consider a little sister, I'm not always around to hit you up on the internet, but I know and pray that all is well and I know that if I care for someone and they for me I'll hear from them sooner or later.


I miss tons of things. My discman (ipod just doesnt replace it), my teenage ease, my Saturday night movies, my brother's car, and the lousy service of Indonesian cables company. I miss going to malls and look how people beg-to-differ styles. I miss the eyes-crossing and exactly knowing what the other person's thinking. I miss being reminded of big national events, upcoming holidays, and examinations. But on top of it all, I miss people. Well, some of them anyway.

Receiving e/mails never fails to make my day. Ask me this when I'm famous and I'll think twice before answering. At first, I didn't like the idea that cold screens should/can replace warm oral speeches. Words typed are so flat, and sometimes I'd rather wait for a chance to meet them again. Even if that meeting can take years before re-taking place. But I try. I try to put words on screen and blow in as much life to it as I can, but even the icons don't always convey it right. Thank goodness for voice messages nowadays. Though I don't use much of that either.

So, yes, I'm missing people. And the problem is, those I miss aren't always in the same city; not in the same country, nor continent. Now that sure makes life a lot easier. Blah, I'm in such a sentimental mood. This is the package of being on a borderline age I guess. So anyway, yesterday I got an email from a close friend in primary school, and as I was replying I got in such a vulnerable state (read: quadraple that of today's sentimental sway) and basically pour my heart out. Poor her, reading all that. She must be puzzled.

The golden question kicks in: do they, who I miss, suffer these missing chronics too?
Yes, people's lives do move on, we meet new people, we learn new things, and start to see things differently. We laugh at all the "stupid things" we did, yes, but never has it happened that I laugh at who I did those "stupid things" with. I remember the people I've met through different walks of life for who they were before, what they represent in my life, no matter how much progress they've made at present. I just want to make sure that eventhough our coffees turn cold during our rigid business meetings in 10 years time, we can talk about the times when we were jumping together on trampolins in the backyard. That way we can warm things up again =)

No comments: