Thursday, October 28, 2004

For those who always cheer people up.

If everytime one thing strikes you, you decide to step back... is there even the slightest chance to advance? This, is the ultimate reason why people all around are telling you to 'hang in there', not that they're too ignorant on what the words really mean, but it's a question of being there for the person and providing the ideal answer to remount hope. For me, this expression projects an image of someone barely holding-on at the end of a cliff. It is therefore inhuman for someone to let that person 'fall' by saying 'if you really can't hold on any longer, it's okay, just let go.' Yes, it is absurd if you focuse on the image I've provided, but let's get back to the real world, shall we? =)

I personally don't think it's hypocritic, to be saying such a thing. Do you really want to be the reason for someone to, illiterally, die? Well I don't ^ ^; However I was faced with someone who did, around 5 years ago. Junior High, pony-tailed transfer student mia was stressing just after a proven failed history exam. Well, my Indonesian oral was great, however the textbook seemed to speak a different language :p I was strucked with these words that I can solemnly swear has changed many of the repeating events (failing-red ) Lo gak belajar kan Mi? Kalo gitu lo gak punya hak sakit ati.

Silence.

Instead of rebuilding my moral by saying "gapapa lagi Mi, ntar lo juga bisa" or "nilai raport kan dirata-rata, Mi...", hell I was ready to hear anything! But I guess I needed to hear those cold words from a friend.

For a 13 year old girl to have in her those sharp words, and letting me (out of all people-red) to hear it? Geez, that was something. I remember feeling quite sore about the whole thing. Picturing how she can say that with a straight face, giving a chilling intonation! Come on, I wasn't even 13 (Haha) It might just be one of the hundreds of phrases we threw against each other, but that particular one resonates at high frequency even until now. You might not even know who you are... but if you do and by chance are reading this, thank you for letting me fall that time, and I'm not being sarcastic =) Good news! I'm still alive! ~_^

No comments: