Friday, January 07, 2005

Kelly-Jane, Is This Goodbye?

I've never failed to see goodbye as a sign to stop and wrap whatever was left. From the moment you see that person disappearing- be it around the corner block or a point at the airport, I realise that the memories once shared won't determine anything in the future. A bond gets cut, and should not measure how weaker/stronger it might become the next time fate decides for us to meet. I am emotional, that I refuse to prove. Letting people see is not my specialty and should I ever do otherwise proves that limits are humans.

This post is specially dedicated to a friend who is most probably sun-bathing down in South Africa right now! Kelly-Jane, this is for you.

Two years ago we met through another friend. The both of us were shielding ourselves more against our own fears than of people. All you were was mature, independent and reserved type of person. I had my group of friends, you had yours.
Senior year brought us to where we are. Due to fate, you had to take every class I took, but I was never there at 8 o'clock when you "aced" each grade in US literature. Nine hours of school, every day- You got to know the side of me which I had thought would never reveal again. Consulting our problems to each other, lunch at the park with our le notre sandwiches, giggling in economics class, wrote notes in US history non-stop, feeling so lucky to be in Paris and knowing we aren't making great use of it, last period gloomy talks in music, stressing at each bio experiment because the results were never evident, running as fast as we could down the narrow stairway whenever we know that a representative from a certain university was going to come during lunch- rushing past our counselor's office, chatting away our forever changing dreams, and simply going hyper at the wrong time.
When we finally graduated, things turned from great to greater :-)
At each occasion we met- whether it was only for a scoop of icecream, lovely lunches, unimaginable fun crashing into people's houses, disneyland, movies, alliance- just everything! I always came home feeling my abdominal muscles were outwore from laughing at, with, and along with you.
It would be wrong to say that I know everything about you, since I find out more each time we meet! You're never too predictable, you always know how to act and behave with different types of people. I admire that, truly I do. You would speak cautiously with others, but incredible sarcastic at times I never predict right. Here's an example to refresh your mind ;-)


-(after an off and on-topic extremely chaotic conference on msn)-
Mia : hein? I don't get it :P
Kelly : well Mia, there's a 150 euro brain at eBay that you might want to check out.
Dang! DaNG! DANG!
I enjoyed it though, Kel. I love laughing at myself- you know that. :-)

I will miss you, and I already am. However, after meeting you at Trocadero before you left Paris for good successfully avoided unnecessary talks on this subject with no end. You light-up everytime you talk of your new dream campus that's waiting for you, when you give details on your law materials, and how you vision it to be an exciting experience. You have that professional look, Kel. Now all you have to do is enjoy yourself facing the challenges for app. 5 years and your brain will be worth more than 150 euros, I assure you ;-)
Enjoy the best out of it, Elegant Lady. Until we meet again.

No comments: