Saturday, July 31, 2004

Touring 2

Back to the act of touring like some lost tourists, hehe. This morning at around 9 o'clock, I was already on my way to cross waters to reach "Ngor". It's an island.. when I got there things weren't all that special. I was told that it was too early in the morning to be seeing any other tourists.. so it was rather spacious. What was interesting for me is the experience I got to get by sitting on the traditional fishermen's boat. Ihiehe.. it was a lot of fun! Scary.. but it felt so different. I was basically at the ocean's water level!! We had to fasten life vests though.. The good thing was that the tides weren't that high today,, I heard that when it is.. all you can feel whilst on it are jolts! Vulnerable to being sea-sick!! We didn't spend too much time there, only about 30mins. After that.. we were off to "Mbur"- a touristic spot with it's famous group of hotels.
It was lovely there,, totally a unique style. We would drive into some sort of area with literally tons of hotels from all point of artistic structures. With the ocean at maximum eyes' view.. it felt so rich and relaxing.. After having pleased myself of admiring the area, we had a nice lunch.. and then we were ready to drive back home. It was a really fun day, enjoyed it to the fullest!

No comments: