Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Eighteen.

Dan mungkin bila nanti,
Kita akan bertemu lagi,
Satu pintaku, jangan
kau coba tanyakan kembali,
Rasa yang kutinggal mati,
Seperti hari kemarin,
Saat semua disini.
(Mungkin nanti- Peter Pan)


Ok, so I have 14 minutes before this entry gets too insanely dull and out of context. Here goes nothing.

Eighteen. Dix-huit. Delapan belas.
The longest I've lived so far.
Neither am I blessed for having to continue the neverending battle on earth, nor am I cursed to live approximately another 60 years and die of tuberculosis (don't ask, that just popped out of nowhere)

So where was I.. ah yes, my eighteeen. Forget about skyblog and the relative kind of parties that exist and spread for your eyes to see. As if a first formal tag with font 32 written "Mature: Kick A**" is stapled right on your back (you know... back, as in back back). No more decisions will wait. No more -but-you're-a-kid- type of look. No more men/women.
-Loh kok?
Well, a lot of people do decide this at early stage of 'adulthood,' and eighteen is perfect. Or so they think.
-Hein?
Still don't get it? Gee, I mean homosexual, bi and stuff like that.
-Hein?
Well ANYWAY. Let's MOVE ON.

As for myself, I did have a special day. Although my throat wouldn't say the same.
Stupid weather!
Spent today with my whole family, what more can I ask for? Seriously, what?
I woke up half wishing that today wasn't today and tomorrow would be in two weeks time. If you didn't get that I recommend you to ignore (no, seriously just do it. No relevance whatsoever). My most warm "Thank You" to everyone who have been so kind and thoughtful wishing me a happy birthday. I appreciate it so much. Thanks again ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, grandmas and grandpas, spirits and ghosts, Zeus Poseidon Arthemis and the gang.
-Wha..?
TODAY, wouldn't be today without it :-)

Eighteen. Achtzehn. Dieciocho. Intinya ya delapan belas.
Suatu angka mengagumkan karena terdiri dari dua digit diawali dengan angka satu diakhiri dengan angka delapan.
Kesimpulan: maksa.
So maybe I was joking around too much, intinya... aku mengalami pergantian umur yang biasa sekali. Tidak ada lagi kunjungan ke toko mainan dengan mata berbinar telunjuk yg menunjuk jempol menjempol dan gigi yang menggigit (mata utk binar, telunjuk utk nunjuk, jempol utk ngejempol... hmm masuk akal).
-But..?
POKOKNYA beda aja.
Hari ini tuh istimewa banget, dengan cara yang sangat berbeda.
Aku ingin mensyukuri segala apa yang telah kuterima, dengan cara yang berbeda.
Ingin berubah, dengan cara yang berbeda juga tentunya.
Aku ingin berbeda, dengan BERBEDA.

Kesimpulan total: udah kemaleman dan aku harus tidur.



No comments: