Monday, December 20, 2004

Was it a dream?

Repetitive rings bedazzled me as I reached out more to shut it off than to answer. A familiar voice, owned by a familiar person of my past. I try to speak, but all it was was parched voice preceeded by a verse of silence. Connection seemed so distant, yet so clear articulating each gasp of breath he let out. Mia? He stopped to hear my response.
My eyes widened as I realise who was on the other end of the line. The voice was well firm and has a certain calmness, as if to indicate maturity. It was different, yet I still knew who it belonged to.
The occasional hi-how-are-you line was thrown to buy me time, flashes of past memories went straight to the present chronologically, picking up where it left off.
The ignited energy coming from his voice woke me up completely. I sensed a passionate aura all through his talks of short-term plans into the future which brought away even larger dreams. He was to come to the city, and hopes to use time wisely and catch-up for the lost 10 years. I was smiling. I'm not sure what kind of smile, was it a thrilled, excited and victorious kind of smile, or was it just a smile smile?
Before I knew, I woke up and felt sorry for being so doubtful in my dreams.
Or, was it a dream?


No comments: